Project Student Leaders Attend The Class Foundation Student Living Forum in London
Yesterday, London played host to the esteemed ‘The Class Foundation Student Living in the UK’ forum, and we are proud to share that our Managing Director, Oliver Rayns, and Operations Director, Shelley Bellett, were in attendance. The day commenced with an insightful site visit to Novel Student’s latest addition in Wick Park, followed by the main event at Osborne Clarke in the Barbican.
The forum was a melting pot of ideas, with riveting discussions led by some of the most respected industry experts and trusted peers. Among the distinguished panelists were Christian Davis, Richard Stott, Emma Rosser, Maria Hatch, and our very own Kelly-anne Watson from The Class Foundation.
Key takeaways from the enlightening panel discussion included:
- A concerning revelation that homelessness affects 12% of students at some stage during their academic journey.
- The nuanced understanding that affordability is relative and shouldn’t solely hinge on parents’ income, especially for postgraduate students with families.
- While student housing is undeniably essential, it can inadvertently sow discord among the student community.
- The challenges of valuation in emerging markets, where entry dynamics remain unpredictable.
- The intricacies of dynamic pricing, which, while promising, requires meticulous calibration.
- The implications of rising costs and policies, like the London Plan, which pose viability concerns.
- The imperative for innovation to cater to the evolving needs and aspirations of the student demographic.
- Commendable initiatives aimed at enhancing affordability, such as extending affordable accommodation options to households earning below £40k.
The forum was a testament to the collective commitment of industry leaders to address pressing challenges and chart a path forward. We, at Project Student, are invigorated by the insights gained and are eager to integrate them into our strategic vision.
Stay tuned for more updates on our continued engagement with industry forums and our endeavours to elevate student living.
Posted on April 21, 2023