The Top 5 Ways to Celebrate Halloween in Newcastle on a Student Budget
Get into the Halloween spirit on a student budget! Discover budget-friendly tips and tricks for a spooktacular Halloween in your Newcastle student accommodation. Learn how to enjoy creepy season without breaking the bank!
Freshers’ week has come and gone, and we get it, you’re back to budgeting properly to make it through to the end of the first term… then, out of the blue, your housemates decide to plan some budget-busting Halloween celebrations! Now don’t stress, we’ve got you covered. Read on for money-saving tips, tricks, treats, and costume ideas to help you make the most of the scariest holiday of the year, without spending a horrifying amount!
- Plan Halloween Outfits as a Group
- Get your party tickets early
- Deck Out Your Own Halloween Party
- Create Your Own “Spooktails”
- Experience the Thrills of Psycho Path
1. Plan Halloween Outfits as a Group
Everyone has one of THOSE housemates in your Newcastle student accommodation who want to go all out when dressing up for Halloween. But we know that these lofty plans can sometimes be a budget-breaker. Planning a group outfit can not only reduce the stress of finding things to wear, but you can make your outfits together on a student shoestring budget. You could dress up as a “classic group” such as The Adams Family or The Flintstones, or why not get creative and turn yourselves into Dobble characters, Crayola crayons or even Barbie’s and Ken’s (box-fresh, of course) – to save money, why not ask the uni bookshop or a supermarket if they have any cardboard going spare from deliveries and get painting?
Everyone can get involved in this fun Halloween activity – cut, glue and paint your creations and you’ll be Halloween-ready on a student budget in no time.
2. Get your Party Tickets Early
If you’re heading to a bar/club to celebrate Halloween, try and buy your tickets in advance. If you’re still thinking of the perfect place to go, why not pair your ghoulish deeds with drag queens – and head to the Bottomless Bonkers Ball? For an unforgettable Halloween experience, this annual Halloween event offers a mix of bingo, singalong karaoke, limbo, and lip-sync battles, all while you indulge in pizza and enjoy 90 minutes of unlimited booze! Plus, our biggest money-saving hack is booking your ticket early – if you’re quick it’s only £10 for the show plus you’ll get free entry to the after party. Grab your housemates from your Newcastle student accommodation and head to this budget-friendly Halloween event; the perfect way to add some extra fun to your spooky celebrations.
3. Deck Out Your Own Halloween Party
If you don’t fancy going out… another student budget-friendly Halloween activity is preparing your Newcastle student accommodation for a Halloween get-together! This is an absolute blast and can be just as exciting as putting together your costume! The best part? It won’t drain your wallet. With a little bit of imagination, you can pick up a treasure trove of eerie decorations from craft stores and supermarkets, all for less than a tenner.
- Fake Spider Webs: A Must-Have!
- Simply drape string and rip leftover pieces of material (here’s to looking at you fashion students!) to cover your windows and hide in cracks and crannies.
- LED Light Balloons: A Safer Alternative to Carved Pumpkins
- While carving a real pumpkin for extra lighting sounds fun, it can be risky when hosting a Halloween party in your student flat in Newcastle (naked flames and jelly shots are never a good idea). Instead, opt for LED light balloons with pumpkin faces. They provide a similar glowing effect without the flames.
- Bin Liners: Your Halloween BFF
- Those ubiquitous bin liners lying around the house? They’re your new best friend for Halloween. Cut strips from them and hang them from a doorway to create a creepy DIY door curtain or an ideal photo backdrop. What’s more, cheaper bin bags have a magical quality: they stick to walls with static. Use this to your advantage by cutting out spooky shapes like bats to create easy-themed silhouettes on the wall.
Get ready for an unforgettable and budget-friendly spooky soirée!
4. Create Your Own “Spooktails”
Add a bit more spook to your drinks by concocting some inventive punches and spooktails. Pinterest and TikTok are great places for inspiration, but as a general rule, anything apple or cherry flavour will create the perfect slime-coloured drink. If you’re feeling extra fancy, why not add decoration to your drink, from Cadbury’s Scream Eggs to Fiendish Fancies, pop them in the push for an extra haunting surprise.
Save Money On The Most Talked About Halloween Activity in Newcastle:
5. Experience the Thrills of Psycho Path
Eek! Whilst not strictly budget-friendly, we had to mention Psycho Path (the best scream park in the UK!) as it’s the only thing we are seeing on TikTok right now.
If you haven’t heard about the legendary Psycho Path, let us fill you in! This pop-up theme park has 12 nightmarish attractions, a load of entertainment, and a fantastic festival vibe. The main attraction is the standout maze, “Cutthroat Island,” which features a stunning pirate ship in the middle of the field, creating a truly immersive and spooky atmosphere. Psycho Path is full of scares, detailed sets, and an immersive Halloween adventure.
Whilst the tickets for the 31st of October are pricey, if you and your friends from your Newcastle student accommodation are desperate to enjoy the Scream Park experience on a student budget we have a couple of money-saving tips:
- Booking early (Early bird tickets are from £33). Don’t wait around to book if you are on a student budget, the pricing is tiered, so those who leave it to the last minute will be paying double!
- Choosing any date that ISN’T Halloween – why not go the week before and host a budget-friendly party in your student flat in Newcastle on the night itself?
So that’s it – what are you waiting for? Let’s get spooky on a budget! Celebrate Halloween in style without breaking the bank in Newcastle.
Posted on October 9, 2023