Your Home Away from Home
We’re proud that many international students choose Project Student and we have over six-years of experience in supporting students as they transition into and through their university career in the UK.
UK Bank Account
To open a student bank account in the UK you’ll need the following;
- A valid passport
- A valid visa – Non-EU students only
- Proof of address in the UK – A tenancy agreement or utility bill should suffice
- Proof of address in your home country
- Proof of student status – You’ll normally receive this once you enrol at university
- Proof of income – This may mean a credit check and interview to establish you will be able to maintain the account.
There are many UK-based consumer guidance services that will provide recommendations about accounts offered by UK banks. We recommend that you explore these to compare the options and select the most suitable bank and student bank account for you. Here’s some of the best that we can recommend:
The British Bankers Society is another excellent source of information for opening a UK bank account as an international student.
UK Guarantor Service
Finding a suitable guarantor is not always possible especially for international students as they may not know any UK residents, especially one who is prepared to take on the responsibility of guaranteeing your rental payment during your rental contract. This has been solved by Housing Hand who can provide this service for you, to ensure you can secure your student accommodation in the UK, find out more on our Guarantor page.
- How do I rent a room with Project Student?
You can discover all the details about renting a room, as well as paying your rent, and the move in and out processes on our rent a room page.
- Where can I get more information?
Please visit our Information for Parents page for answers to the most common questions we receive from parents.
- Can I stay over the Summer?
During this period, we are focussed on getting the rooms ready for the September intake of students. If you wanted to stay in the same room over the summer period, please let us know so that we can check availability for you.